Community Fundraising Campaign
We asked our community to come together, and help us raise the final necessary funds to begin this project. And you did it!
Money raised through this Community Fundraising Campaign will be used for capital construction costs, as well as the creation of an endowment fund. Investment earnings from the endowment fund will contribute to the operating costs of the new Pictou Library in perpetuity.
We have reached an important fundraising goal, but you can still contribute! We gratefully accept donations towards this project, and cannot thank you enough for your support!
Your donations are an investment towards a lifetime of opportunities for you, your family, and the entire community.
Ways to Give:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is a charitable tax receipt available for my donation to this project?
- Yes, we can issue a charitable tax receipt for your donation.
- Is government committed to this project?
- Yes, both the Town of Pictou and Municipality of Pictou County have shared a $550,000 commitment to the project. The provincial and federal governments will contribute more than $5 million.
- When will construction begin? How long will it last?
- We anticipate launching construction by Fall 2022. It is expected that construction will continue for 15 to 18 months.
- Will there be opportunities to attach my family/company name to sections/elements of the new facility?
- Yes, we have identified upwards of 30 naming opportunities to align with larger donations. We encourage you to get in touch to discuss possibilities. Donations valued at over $500, and ‘In Memory of’ contributions will be recognized within the facility.
Ways to Donate:
Cash | Cheque | E-Transfer | Credit Card
We are a registered charity and are able to offer tax receipts.
In-Person or over the Phone: Payments can be made to either location during operational hours (listed below).
Cheques: Please make payable to Pictou Cultural Hub and mail to the same, in c/o of either facility using the mailing address listed below.
deCoste Performing Arts Centre
P.O. Box 39, 99 Water Street,
Pictou, NS B0K 1H0
902-485-8848 | 1-800-353-5338
Nancy MacDonald or Jennifer MacLennan
Tuesday to Thursday, 11:30 am – 5:00 pm
Pictou-Antigonish Regional Library Headquarters
P.O. Box 276, 182 Dalhousie St.,
New Glasgow, NS B2H 4M3
902-755-6031 | 1-866-779-7761
Karen MacNeill or Jean Rozee
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
E-Transfers: Can be sent to email@example.com.
(Please provide contact information in e-transfer message to have receipt issued)
Credit Card: Payments can be made online by clicking the Donate Online button below: